Diane Yee, MS, LCMHC
Diane Yee is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor dedicated to working with adolescents and adults. She has a Master of Science degree with a concentration in Community Counseling from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Diane has been working in the Monroe area for several years in the community and in an outpatient setting servicing the MH/SA/DD population for a community mental health agency. She has held positions primarily as a Mobile Crisis Counselor and Emergency Services Counselor working in the community. Diane has also provided counseling services for individuals, couples and facilitated several counseling groups.
Her experience includes working with a broad range of clients with various presenting problems such as trauma, depression, anxiety, adjustment issues, and addiction. Diane believes the counseling is a process which can promote growth and change. Her goal is to create an environment in which a client feels safe and supported during this process. She integrates methods from many clinical approaches including Solution-Focused and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Master of Science in Community Counseling
- The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Marketing with a minor in Communications
- Mobile Crisis Counselor and Emergency Services Counselor for Daymark Recovery Services, a community mental health center serving the MH/SA/DD populations
- Group facilitator for Adult Depression Group
- Group facilitator for Middle School Teen Group
- Co-facilitator for Battered Women’s Shelter Group
- Counselor Intern for Family Services of the Piedmont, providing individual, group and family counseling services.
- Peer Counselor at the Women’s Resource Center in Greensboro, NC
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor in the state of North Carolina (LPC) #7576
- Completed Externship in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy