Nathan Roy, MS.ED, MS, LCMHC-A
Nathan Roy is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor with experience working with children adolescents, and adults. Nathan previously worked in higher education as an assistant dean of students before transitioning to the counseling field. Nathan has a master’s degree in education from Marietta College and in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Gardner-Webb University. Nathan is the newest team member of Charlotte Therapy Associates and brings experience in private practice, education, intensive therapy sessions, and group therapy. Nathan has worked with individuals, couples, groups, and has experience in co-facilitating intensive therapy sessions and therapeutic workshops. Nathan has assisted clients with issues such as but not limited to: depression, anxiety and worry, behavioral and substance addiction, difficulty in life adjustments, stress, grief and loss, obsessive thoughts, sexual and gender identity, infidelity, and relationship issues. Nathan is currently working to enhance his clinical knowledge working with first responders and frontline healthcare professionals, and sex/pornography addiction.
As an experiential therapist, Nathan is focused on delivering meaningful interactions with his clients that focus on the holistic experience. Nathan uses a mix of traditional talk therapy and creative/active experiences to engage mind and body. He also recognizes there is no “one fits all” approach to effective therapy and every client has different needs. By helping clients identify their unique thoughts to an event, he highlights how these thoughts are influencing their feelings and leading to undesired behaviors. Nathan also uses Narrative, Solution-focused, and Mindfulness techniques to help clients separate their problems as a part of them, find solutions specific to their values and lifestyle, and develop approachable coping skills to regulate emotional responses.
- Marietta College, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a Minor in Education
- Marietta College, Master’s of Science in Education
- Garner-Webb University, Master’s of Science in Clinical Mental Health
- 11 years working with young adults in a higher education setting with behavioral issues, sexual misconduct, and substance abuse and part of an on call crisis team
- Licensed counselor on a community based treatment team
- Counseling Intern with private practice focused on experiential and intensive therapy
- Counseling Intern with Midwood Addiction Treatment Center with missed population of partial hospitalization program and intensive outpatient clients
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associate in the state of North Carolina #A17304
- Completed training in group and individual experiential techniques
- Completed Pure O: OCD and treatment planning
- Completed Psychological First Aid training.
- Strengthsquests certified facilitator
- LGBTQIA safe zone ally and safe zone training
- Additional coursework in Play Therapy, DBT Skills, and Mindfulness Practice
You can reach Nathan at 704-705-4550 ext 5 or [email protected]