Alexandra Latta, M.S., LCMHC, NCC
Alexandra Latta is a Licensed Clinical mental health counselor with experience working with children, adolescents, and adults. She has a Master of Science Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. Alexandra has worked in Davidson, Rowan, Cabarrus, and Mecklenburg county providing crisis support and counseling in the community. She’s also worked in an acute youth crisis facility facilitating small therapy groups, case management, and educating guardians and families of their child in need of crisis support and aftercare. Alexandra currently works with couples, families, and individuals providing outpatient therapy.
Alexandra’s experiences include clients that have various backgrounds and life experiences. Presenting problems of clients include but are not limited to the following concerns: gender exploration, relationship orientation, homeliness, trauma, grief/loss, relationship conflict, work/life balance issues, anxiety, and depression. Alexandra recognizes that each client’s perception of their problem is unique. Things like a lack of resources, supports, or even insight of the problem can make a solution seem almost impossible. Alexandra is committed to instilling hope in clients while helping them identify personal goals and reach a desired solution.
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, Masters of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a Minor in Gender Studies
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor with the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- On call crisis support
- Licensed Counselor at an acute youth crisis facility
- Facilitator of youth therapy and psycho-education groups
- Licensed counselor on a community based treatment team
- Counseling Intern with Carolina Medical Center’s , now Atrium Health, EAP
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor in the state of North Carolina #12926
- Completed training in group and individual Critical Incident and Stress Management
- Completed training for providing Trauma-informed Care
- Completed training in Suicide and safety assessment
- Additional coursework in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focus Brief Therapy, and Mindfulness Practice